Hello there, pumpkin lovers! Are you in the mood for some delicious, moist muffins that only require two ingredients? You’re in luck because these Easy 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are quick and simple to make, and they taste amazing! With just a can of pumpkin puree and a box of cake mix, you can whip up a batch of these mouth-watering treats in no time, making them perfect for a cozy fall morning or a Halloween party. Let’s get baking!
Easy and Healthy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or snack idea that is also healthy, then you must try these two-ingredient pumpkin muffins. Not only are they delicious year-round, but they are also perfect for a Halloween or Thanksgiving celebration. In this article, we will share our easy and healthy pumpkin muffin recipe that is perfect for novice bakers who want to try something new.
To make these muffins, you will only need two ingredients: a can of pumpkin puree and a box of cake mix. Yes, you read that right – just two ingredients! Plus, the recipe is so simple that you can whip them up in just a few minutes. Here’s how:
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (15.25 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the box of yellow cake mix with the can of pumpkin puree and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into each liner, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Bake the muffins for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
See? It really is that easy to make these delicious treats! But what makes them even better is that they are healthy too. Since pumpkin puree is made entirely from pumpkin, these muffins are packed with vitamins and fiber. Plus, they are low in fat and calories, which makes them the perfect snack for weight-watchers or anyone who is trying to maintain a healthy diet.
But don’t let their healthy qualities fool you into thinking they are not tasty enough to indulge in. These muffins taste amazing and are a terrific option for breakfast, brunch, or even as a dessert. You can also add your personal touch by sprinkling some nuts, chocolate chips, or raisins on top before baking them. Trust us – your taste buds will thank you for it.
Moreover, these 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins are a great option for those who are short on time or have unexpected guests coming over. Since they are so easy to make, you can whip them up within minutes and impress your guests with your baking skills. Additionally, these muffins are a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. They can help you mix the batter and decorate the muffins with their favorite toppings. Who knows? You may even discover a budding chef in your family.
Finally, the versatility of this recipe is what makes it even more attractive to bakers. You can experiment with different cake mixes or pumpkin purees to find your favorite flavor combination. For example, you can use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix to give your muffins a fall twist. You can also use applesauce instead of pumpkin puree for a more fruity flavor. The possibilities are limitless.
In conclusion, these 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins are easy to make, healthy, and delicious treats that are perfect for any occasion. With just a can of pumpkin puree and a box of cake mix, you can create a batch of muffins that will satisfy your taste buds and impress your guests. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and start baking!
The Magic of Two Ingredients
Have you ever wanted to make pumpkin muffins without having to buy a bunch of ingredients that you’ll only use once? Well, fear not, because 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins are here to save the day. With just a can of pumpkin puree and a box of cake mix, you can whip up these delicious muffins in no time. But how does this magic work?
The Science Behind Two Ingredients
It may seem like a mystery how two ingredients can make a perfect muffin, but there’s actually some science behind it. The cake mix already has all the dry ingredients in it, like flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices. All the pumpkin puree needs to do is act as a moistener and binder, giving the muffins their signature texture. Plus, the pumpkin also adds natural sweetness and a fall flavor that pairs perfectly with the spice mix in the cake mix.
But why does this method work better with cake mix than with traditional muffin mix? The answer lies in the leavening agents. Muffin mixes usually rely on baking soda and acid to create lift, but cake mix has more baking powder, which makes it rise higher and fluffier. This makes it easier for the pumpkin to do its job as a binder, since the muffins won’t be too dense or crumbly.
Another benefit to using cake mix is the ease of flavor customization. While the classic pumpkin spice flavor is a fall staple, you can also experiment with different cake mix flavors and add-ins. Chocolate cake mix with pumpkin puree is a favorite combo, or you can add chopped nuts or dried cranberries to the mix for some extra texture.
Now that you know the magic behind 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins, it’s time to try them out for yourself. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box of cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s it! You now have a batch of delicious, moist pumpkin muffins without any fuss. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, snack, or even as a dessert with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Give them a try and see the magic for yourself!
How to Make 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin muffins are a perfect treat for autumn and Thanksgiving. They can be an excellent breakfast, dessert, or snack. The best thing about these muffins is that you only need two ingredients to make them! Here are three simple methods to make 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins.
Method 1: Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. All you need are a box of yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. Here’s the step by step method:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine one box of yellow cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree. Mix the ingredients until they are fully combined. Do not add any eggs, oil, or water, the pumpkin puree will do the trick!
- Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, fill each muffin cup with the batter. Make sure you fill each muffin cup 2/3 full, leave some room for the muffin to rise.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove them from the oven when they are done and let them cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack to cool completely before serving. You can sprinkle some powdered sugar or cinnamon on top of the muffins for extra flavor!
Method 2: Spice Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin
You can also use a spice cake mix rather than a yellow cake mix to add a bit of warmth to your 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins. Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine one box of spice cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree. Mix the ingredients until they are fully combined. Do not add any eggs, oil, or water as the pumpkin puree is enough liquid for the cake mix.
- Fill each muffin cup with the batter using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop. Make sure to fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. You can sprinkle powdered sugar, whipped cream, or nuts on top of the muffins for an extra touch of indulgence.
Method 3: Self-Rising Flour and Canned Pumpkin
If you prefer to make your own muffin mix, you can use self-rising flour and canned pumpkin to make the batter. Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1.5 cups of self-rising flour and one can of pumpkin puree. Mix the ingredients until they are fully combined. You can add a bit of cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg to the mix for a bit of extra flavor.
- Fill each muffin cup with the batter using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop. Be sure to fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. You can sprinkle sparkling sugar, pumpkin seeds, or chocolate chips on top of the muffins for a little something extra!
Whether you choose the first, second, or third method, you will have a delicious batch of pumpkin muffins in no time! They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack. With just two ingredients, these muffins are easy to make and perfect for busy days when you need something quick and delicious. Enjoy!
Variations to Jazz Up Your Muffins
As delicious as 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins are, they can become a bit boring after a while. With just a few additions, you can easily jazz up your muffins to create some variety. Here are four simple ways to make your 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins more interesting:
1. Add Some Spice
If you enjoy the warm and cozy flavor of fall, you can add some spices to your 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins that will give them an extra kick. Some good choices are cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Just mix half a teaspoon of your favorite spice into the muffin batter for a subtle but delicious flavor boost.
2. Add Some Texture
If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, you can try adding some texture to your 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins. A great option here is pecans or walnuts, which add a delicious crunch. You can also try adding some raisins or other dried fruit, which will give your muffins a chewy bite. If you’re really feeling brave, try adding some chocolate chips or chopped up candy bars for a sweet and tasty explosion of flavor.
3. Add Some Cream Cheese Filling
Cream cheese is perfect for pumpkin muffins, and adding a filling to your muffins can make all the difference. To make a simple cream cheese filling, just mix together some cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s smooth, then spoon it into the center of each muffin. When you bite into your muffin, you’ll be greeted with a creamy and sweet surprise.
4. Add Some Streusel Topping
If you’re not looking to go too crazy with your additions, adding a streusel topping can be a simple way to add some texture and flavor to your muffins. Just mix some flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until they form a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of your muffins before baking and when they come out of the oven, your muffins will have a delicious crunch on top.
The possibilities for jazzing up your 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins are endless. With a bit of creativity, you can turn your muffins into a unique and delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion. Experiment with different additions and find out what works best for you and your taste buds. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
Making pumpkin muffins is always a good idea, especially when you can make them with only two ingredients! However, making them perfect can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve put together some tips and tricks that will help you make the best pumpkin muffins every time!
1. Choose the Right Pumpkin
The key to making perfect pumpkin muffins is using the right pumpkin puree. You want to choose pumpkin puree that is not too watery or too thick. Make sure the pumpkin puree is free of any additives or preservatives and has no added sugar or spices. Use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling as pie filling has added sugar and spices, which will affect the recipe.
2. Use the Right Amount of Batter
It’s important to use the right amount of batter when making your muffins. Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each muffin. This will allow the batter to rise properly and give you a perfectly shaped muffin. Be careful not to overfill as it will cause the muffin to rise too much and spill.
3. Avoid Overmixing
When making muffins, it’s important not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a tough, rubbery texture. Mix the batter just until the ingredients are incorporated. Resist the urge to mix more, even if you see lumps. They will disappear in the baking process.
4. Add Some Spice
While pumpkin puree already adds some flavor, adding spices makes a world of difference when it comes to taste. You can add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, or allspice to your pumpkin batter for added flavor. Start with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of each spice and adjust to your preference. Don’t forget to mix well.
5. Experiment with Mix-ins
One of the best things about making muffins is that you can add different mix-ins to create a variety of flavors. Try adding chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, or coconut to your pumpkin muffins. Don’t be afraid to get creative! You can even top your muffins with streusel or cream cheese frosting to make them even more special.
With these tips and tricks, you’re well on your way to making the perfect pumpkin muffins every time. Remember to use the right pumpkin puree, use the right amount of batter, avoid overmixing, add some spice, and experiment with mix-ins. Happy baking!
Thank you for taking the time to read about these easy 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins. As you can see, this recipe is simple and requires only a few ingredients. The muffins are delicious and perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a quick breakfast on the go or a cozy snack with a hot cup of tea. We hope you enjoy making these muffins as much as we did, and don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends and family!